City Centre Library turns 5!
Was it really 5 years ago that the City Centre Library opened its doors?
On Saturday, October 1, 11:00 to 3:00 there will be a celebration to mark this special occasion. There will be special guests, crafts and activities for all ages. Save the date.
Highlights of the Library:
- 77,000 square feet on 4 floors (3 times the size of Guildford Library)
- LEED GOLD certified green building. See the City Centre Library Green Features Flyer
The Library is hosting free tours showcasing the green features for groups by request. Please call the Information Desk at 604-598-7426 to arrange a tour.
- Green roof
- Café Central serving coffee, tea, juice and snacks
- Meeting spaces for a variety of community needs, ranging from bookable meeting rooms for large groups to consultation rooms for 2 people
- Public art: Marks by Liz Magor and West Coast Landscape by Gordon Smith
- Meditation room
- 12 seat Computer Learning Centre
- Wireless Internet access
- Teen lounge and gaming room
- Lots of quiet and silent study spaces
- A huge Children’s section
- Popular print and online collections to meet the needs of our growing community
- SFU Continuing Education Satellite Campus