The Downtown Surrey BIA has three summer job openings for 2019.
1. Two Theatre Troupe performers – must be able to sing and act or play an instrument or dance. Position starts July 3 – August 24. Thirty-five hours per week. (Generally, Tuesday – Saturday although may be Sunday instead of Saturday depending on events). In addition to performing, the theatre troupe members will also assist with either special event planning or communications.
2. Sustainability Assistant – will be working on research and community engagement. Will work closely with our Area Enhancement Intern.
These positions are funded through Canada Summer jobs. To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
If you are interested, please apply by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 17, 2019 at noon.