Gingerbread Village is back and better than ever.
Pull out your whisks, icing and gumdrops! The 3rd annual Gingerbread Village contest hosted by the Downtown Surrey BIA is back! Gather your friends, family, classmates, teammates, and coworkers and enter the contest to show your creativity and holiday spirit! Plus, it helps raise money for the Surrey Christmas Bureau AND you can win some cash prizes!
How it works:
What would you like to put in your gingerbread village? Playgrounds? Disneyland? Skytrains? Flying cars? You can design, create and build your gingerbread creation based on what you whatever you would like to see in your gingerbread village.
All items and decorations used must be edible and non-flammable. The only non-edible items that you can use are the base of the Gingerbread Creation, motors, and Christmas lights. (Note: Christmas lights and motors must be batter operated LED.)
The entries will be on public display at Central City Mall during mall hours from Saturday December 7th to Sunday December 15th.
Deadline to register is November 30th. If you would like to participate, please email entry forms to email@example.com or complete the Google Form here.
The entry categories and cash prizes are as follows:
- Elementary Schools: $500, $250
- High Schools: $750, $500, $250, $100
- There will be a special prize of $500 to the top Surrey High School (whether or not they have placed in the top 4)
- Post-Secondary: $500, $250
- Charities/Non-Profits: $500, $250
- Service/Community Groups: $500, $250
- Businesses (excluding professional bakers/bakeries *professional bakers/bakeries will be judged under the “People’s Choice” category only : $500, $250
- Open: $500, $250
The winners in each category will be selected by our panel of community judges. Additionally, all entries are eligible for the $500 People’s Choice Award. Everyone who visits the display can vote for their favourite entry with a cash donation. Following the end of the display, the entry that receives the most donations will win the People’s Choice Award.
The donations will be given to the Surrey Christmas Bureau, a local non-profit that helped over 4000 children celebrate the holidays last year with toys and food. The People’s Choice winner will be announced on Facebook on December 17, 2018.
Make sure you come and visit Gingerbread Village to vote for your favourite gingerbread village and see what the community has created. If you smell the aromatic gingerbread, you’re in the right place!
Again, deadline to register is November 30th. If you would like to participate, please email entry forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Google Form.
You can also contact the DSBIA at 604-580-2321 or at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Google Form: https://forms.gle/8BBhW3kJEKvF3zaM6
Dropping off and picking up:
- Entries must be delivered to Central City Shopping Centre on December 6th during mall hours. If those dates/times do not work for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must be picked up at Central City Shopping Centre on Sunday, December 15th between 7am – 11am. If those times do not work for you, please contact email@example.com. We cannot store entries after that date