The Downtown Surrey BIA’s Gingerbread Village is back! This event adds some creative fun to the holidays and raises money for the Surrey Christmas Bureau. Plus, you could win some sweet cash prizes (including a $500 People’s Choice Award).
How It Works:
Build a Gingerbread Creation of one of your favourite buildings in the area or something that you would like to see in Downtown Surrey – A carousel? A playground? LRT? Now is the perfect time to get creative! The entries will be on public display during mall hours from Saturday, December 8th to Sunday, December 16th.
The deadline to register is November 30th, 2018. If you would like to participate, please email the entry form to email@example.com. You can also call 604.580.2321 for more information.
Important Dates (Please Read):
- Entries must be delivered to Central City Shopping Centre on December 7th between 10am-3pm.
- Entries must be picked up at Central City Shopping Centre on December 17th between 9:30am-12pm. We cannot store entries after that date/time.
If you do not want to pick your entry up, please let us know in advance. We will display it as part of a Silent Auction. All the money raised will go to the Surrey Christmas Bureau.
- There will be an Award Reception. The date will be announced later.
The entry categories and cash prizes are as follows:
- Elementary Schools: $500, $250
- High Schools: $750, $500, $250, $100
- Universities, Colleges: $500, $250
- Charities/Non-Profits: $500, $250
- Service/Community Groups: $500, $250
- Professional/Post-Secondary Culinary Programs: $500, $250
- Businesses: $500, $250
- Open: $500, $250
The winners in each category will be selected by our panel of community judges. To sweeten the deal, all entries are eligible for the $500 People’s Choice Award. Everyone who visits the display can vote for their favourite entry with a cash donation. Following the end of the display, the entry that receives the most donations will win the People’s Choice Award.
The donations will be given to the Surrey Christmas Bureau, a local non-profit that helped over 4000 children celebrate the holidays last year with toys and food. The People’s Choice winner will be announced on Facebook on December 18, 2018.