Heating & Cooling
“Use heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment efficiently. Save as much as 30% on your total energy bill and extend equipment life.” – BC Hydro
Heating and cooling your business accounts for a quarter of your overall energy consumption. By doing a few small changes, you can save money on your energy bills.
- Turn off the air conditioning and heat at night or during closed hours
- Install electronic programmable thermostats that will automatically adjust the temperature at night and during the weekends (if you’re not in the building on weekends)
- Keep doors closed to retain heat/cooling
- Reduce heating and cooling in unused spaces
- Minimize heat loss by making sure your business has proper insulation and windows. Drapes and blinds can also help.
- Keep air conditioning (HVAC) equipment clean to ensure efficiency. See here.