Transportation accounts for a large percentage of greenhouse gas emissions in BC, vehicles contribute to traffic congestion, air pollution and smog in the area. There are alternatives to car use that have lower environmental impacts such as transit use, walking, cycling, and carpooling. These lead to fewer greenhouse gas emissions, are beneficial to our health and create cleaner, more active communities.
- Maintain proper tire inflation for your business vehicles to maximize fuel economy and prolong tire life.
- Take advantage of online meeting options to minimize travel. Or meet within walking/transit/bicycling distance.
- Encourage employees to bike to work!
- It’s cheaper than driving
- Great for your health
- Reduces traffic congestion and eases the demand for parking
- Lowers greenhouse gas emissions